The ADWDA Inc. is the Australian breed organisation for breeders of the Australian Dorper and White Dorper Sheep.
- ADWDA aims to facilitate the incorporation of the Dorper and White Dorper breeds into the Australian sheep industry and will work in a cooperative manner with all sectors of the Australian Sheep and Sheep Meat Industry to achieve this aim.
- In order to develop the Dorper and White Dorper breeds in Australia the ADWDA will focus upon education and the dissemination of information to both its members and the farming community.
- Under the ADWDA stud book it will be necessary to register rams only, however the facility will be available for those wanting to register ewes should they wish to do so.
- An Appendix flock system will be allowable for those wishing to upgrade to purebred Dorpers and White Dorpers.
- We encourage members to use performance recording as a tool to enhance their breeding programs.
- Above all else, we understand that we exist as a service to the members of our organisation . Our aim is to offer them cost effective service that meets their needs.
Benefits of being an ADWDA member
- information for new and prospective members
- quarterly newsletters
- annual national conference
- discounted access to Association run workshops and field days.
- useful and informative web-based resources and links
- access to free web-based pedigree program
- access to breed promotional material
- access to personnel who can provide guidance and information
- access to group advertising opportunities
- an Australia wide network of progressive industry participants
- distribution of the latest industry developments and information
- facilitation of links to those in other areas of the prime lamb supply chain
- insurance cover for public liability when involved in Association authorised events
Interested in becoming a member?
Contact Nikki Ward - ADWDA Secretary - for more information
Phone: 0488 018 765